Saturday, October 1, 2011

buttons buttons

Photobucket
Today I want to share a quick and easy button DIY. Actually, this DIY comes from my crafty friend Laura - she made this little arrangement for me as a pretty "just because" gift.  It's the perfect alternative to flowers - because they are bright, fun, easy to make and they never die. (high-five immortality.)

I wanted to take some pictures of the DIY process - but then I realised that I can't find my camera SD card. (Currently I'm dealing with "room-of-doom" and i hope i have not accidentally thrown out the SD card in a pile of sneakily disguised papers. Ahem, at times i can be quite possession-retarded.) Anyway, no snaps of the DIY process - but since it's such a quick and easy one - I thought a little cartoon would suffice:

What you need:

  • variety of buttons
  • florist wire or thin wire
  • glass bottle
  • ribbon (optional)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

just like this:

Photobucket
et voila!

Thanks Lolo for the lovely button flower tutorial. (Laura is my crafting muse so if anyone follows my boards on pinterest - they may as well just follow Laura because I basically just pin everything she does. lol.)

Also, in honour of international glass week, I am currently running a giveaway for a R500 voucher from Consol glass - that you can use to buy glass jars, candlestick holders, glass decor, glass bottles (like the one in this DIY) and other glass goodies.

You can enter the awesome voucher giveaway here

winner will be announced on Monday :)
*clink clink*

2 comments :

Jenette Reitsma said...

Love this! 

Janine van Staden said...

I love this, will give this a try! ;)